Sunday, March 4, 2012

What is the difference between computer information system vs management information system?

I am a freshman in college I am having a hard time deciding what to major in and both of them interest me so I have a few question about Computer information system and management information system





1.) What is the difference between CIS and MIS

2.) Which of these has better salary?

3.) Most importantly, which of these has more job security/prospect?



Thank you in advance.What is the difference between computer information system vs management information system?
Computer Science is not an option? I'd say it is the most widely respected and known and is pretty much essential if you want a job programming whether it is databases or business coding. It will teach things you won't learn in the other degrees such as:



Algorithms

Data Structures

Design Patterns

Low/High Level languages (such as Assembly, C/C++, Java, C#)

Software Architectures



It will also give you a lot more experience writing code, after the first year in CIS and MIS I don't believe you are required to write a lot of software anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment