Saturday, February 25, 2012

What is time management in practical terms, how do I practice time management skills in my day to day work?

I am a working professional and have not been able to figure out that how can I improve my time management skills in my daily jobs. Most of the time I am behind schedule and most of the time I am running behind problems. I lack in proper planning. Can somebody work with me to solve this problem?What is time management in practical terms, how do I practice time management skills in my day to day work?
well first know what needs to be some is priority. Know what your job is might help, but I am a nurse and all we do is prioritize.



1. Write out your regular routine and then think clearly on why you get behind. Do you take to long in the bathroom, do you smoke, do you talk too much, do you help others. If so eliminate the distractions first off. Some thing cannot be avoided, but try to eliminate as many distractions as you can.



2. Stay on task. I know it is hard, but I always think of the consequences if i do not get something done. Always do the most important things first. The things that must be done everyday. Then try as hard as you can too finish the rest. This also helps the day go by fast, and if you must document start that as early as possible because you may have a situation come up that you have no control over.



3. Don't be afraid to be firm. If you cannot get what you need, because someone is slacking off then tell that person to step up or go to a superior, and do your job only and not theirs.If that ends up happening, because of unforeseen circumstance be sure to let the superior know, because it is not your hard work someone else should get credit for.



4 Don't be afraid to say no. If you are uncomfortable, feel you need help, or this is simply something too risky to do then don't be afraid to say no.



5. Breakdown tasks into manageable time blocks and it will not make the day seem so monotonous. like if you have to file do 20 min, do something else, and then do another 20min.



6. Always take a lunch and leave the office.Even if you can just step outside. It helps the mind breath.. If it is 15 or thirty minutes take a lunch. You need to recharge and breath. Mellow out and then go back fresh.



7. Don't stare at the clock. Looking constantly will drive you nuts.



Hope this helpsWhat is time management in practical terms, how do I practice time management skills in my day to day work?
"Check this site for more tips on how to balance and manage your time better at http://www.davecrenshaw.com/

http://www.invaluableinc.com/m鈥?/a>

Report Abuse

  • unique baby girl names
  • benihana menu
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment