Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What is the difference between operations management and production managemnet?

I am looking for resources that would help me learn to run a web design/production shop. I understand project management, but I am not familiar with resource forecasting.



Some questions I need to answer at work:

-Can we take on project x if it takes 100 coding hours, 60 design hours, and 14 editorial considering the work we currently have on our plates



-How much free time do the designers have next week



-(from an editorial lead perspective) what is my team working on and how are individuals spending their time?



Any templates would be very much appreciated.



side question: Is this similar to how ad agencies are managed?What is the difference between operations management and production managemnet?
Operations management involves all aspects of the business where production management is only involved with scheduling and implementing the production of the product you are manufacture.



Exact Software has a good template and cellular manufacturing template/program called JOBBOSS...

No comments:

Post a Comment